SoFly is actively seeking new Guide Content Writers to join our team as we continue to expand our knowledge base for flight simmers around the world.
Since 2020, our A Guide to Flight Simulator series has provided unparalleled information for flight simulation users around the world with regular updates and accurate information. The success with the guide spawned other projects which continue to review well with flight simmers. As we enter 2022, we are looking to expand rapidly with new roles within the SoFly team.
We are looking for a number of individuals to join SoFly as Guide Content Writers. This role will see you use your knowledge of flight simulation to deliver well-written and easy-to-follow guides and tutorials in our successful line of products. You will be able to flex your creativity by creating tutorials that will be loved by the community, as well as answer common questions so that everyone can experience flight simulation in the best way possible.
Our Guide Content Writers must be approachable, friendly and adaptable, whilst being able to try new things. Those successful will be invited to early access to new simulators, products and updates in order to create the content for our guides upon release. As such, you must be flexible, able to work under pressure and deliver content on time. Although not required, it is desirable that you have experience with Adobe In Design.
This is a paid position based on a contracted basis. You will be given full guidance on what content we wish to deliver, access to tools (e.g. Adobe In Design) and a bonus scheme is also available for those that go beyond expectations.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable to join the team as a Guide Content Writer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line ‘Guide Content Writer’. Please also include details about which simulators you currently use and why.
Closing Date: 18th January 2022.
Guide Content Writer
- Native English language skills (written and speaking).
- Deep understanding of flight simulation.
- Able to create written content to a spec, whilst being able to flex creativity.
- Keen and willing to adapt writing styles to suit different target audiences.
- Is able to take screenshots to help support written content.
- Able to perform grammar and fact checks throughout the process.
- Works independently, and in a team towards a deadline.
- This role is remote.
You must be
- Approachable, friendly and sincere
- Adaptable and able to take on board feedback
- Dependable and someone who takes pride in their work
- Able to cope under pressure
- Willing to try and learn new things with an open mind
- 18 years old or above
Not required but desirable
- Experience with Adobe In Design